Migrant Help, Charlton House, Dour Street, Dover, CT16 1AT
Migrant Help provides free independent advice and guidance to asylum seekers across the UK – as well as issue reporting.
Their First Response Centre (FRC) – can be contacted on 0808 8010 503 which is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Issue Reporting covers the following areas.
- Maintenance issues – to report problems with asylum accommodation. Migrant Help will liaise with the accommodation provider to address these.
- Request for assistance – if there is a risk to the service user or their family’s health and wellbeing. This can be to report suspected child neglect, domestic violence, sexual harassment or exploitation, anti-social behaviour, destitution or homelessness, or suspected extremism or radicalisation (not an inclusive list).
- Asylum payment issues – in case payment card is lost or stolen, PIN forgotten, incorrect payment received, or no payment received. Migrant Help will liaise with the payment provider on the client’s behalf.
- Complaints – for complaints regarding services provided by Migrant Help, the accommodation providers, the asylum support payments provider or the Home Office.
- Feedback – to continuously improve the support available throughout the asylum claim journey. To tell us about the client’s experience of services delivered by Migrant Help, the accommodation providers, the asylum support payments provider or the Home Office. We will pass the comments onto the appropriate organisation.