British Red Cross – Refugee Support
Coronavirus update: during COVID-19 lockdown and until our offices re-open, calls sent to our landline (0113 201 5267) will automatically be re-directed to mobile numbers of casework coordinators.
British Red Cross supports:
- Asylum seekers
- Refused asylum seekers
We provide the following services:
- Assisting refugees and asylum seekers to find a route out of destitution;
- Providing short-term emergency provisions in the form of supermarket vouchers, food parcels, toiletries and clothing;
- Guiding service users to legal advice and representation;
- Signposting and referring service users to other organisations, services and local facilities; providing emotional support;
- Linking with other support groups and refugee community organisations;
- Helping service users access the healthcare they need;
- Advice on volunteering opportunities;
- Referring service users to other Red Cross services such as mobility aids and hand, arm and shoulder massage
PAFRAS/British Red Cross drop-in Leeds
- Wednesday 10am-1.30pm
- St. Aiden’s Community Church and Centre, Elford Place West, Leeds, LS8 5QD
Bradford Red Cross drop-in
- Tuesday (10am-2pm)
- Address: Millside Centre, 131 Grattan Road, Bradford, BD1 2HS
Family Reunion Support Project: for free help or advice with refugee family reunion visa applications. Please note that capacity is limited and we do not operate a waiting list.
Contact Sarah on 0113 201 5277
Sunlight Men’s Group: Orientation group: holds weekly sessions with activities for men including sports, excursions, films, informal English class.
By referral only. Contact Sleman 0113 201 5270
Surviving to Thriving provides support to young unaccompanied or separated asylum seekers, refugees and those who are undocumented.
One-to-one casework for young refugees aged 15-24 and group sessions for people aged 15-21.
Age-disputed young people will also be able to access the service.
Contact Kim on 0113 386 2209
Oak House, 2nd floor, 94 Park Lane, Leeds, LS3 1EL
International family tracing and family reunion travel assistance
Contact Olivia on 0113 201 5242
We’re currently looking for volunteers: Click here to find out more
Phone, visitors by appointment only