African Rainbow Family
Yorkshire MESMAC, 22-23 Blayds Yard, Leeds LS1 4AD
African Rainbow Family (ARF) is a non-for-profit charitable organisation that support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender intersexual and queer (LGBTIQ) people of African heritage and the wider Black Asian Minority Ethnic groups.
- Support For LGBTIQ Refugees and People Seeking Asylum
- Campaigning For Global LGBTIQ Equality
- Stand Against Hate Crimes
- Support communities who face constant harassment, hate crimes and discrimination heaped on them by an ignorant society because of their sexuality or sexual preferences and or gender identity. Contact us if you need support for yourself or someone else. Subscribe to our newsletter here
Programmes and Services
- Signposting to immigration advice and other mainstream services.
- Organise social events and activities.
- Offer free counselling.
- Support LGBTIQ people seeking asylum with no recourse to public fund by subsidising transport fares and other costs such as food.
- Support our destitute members with weekly subsistence.
- Offer hot meals for members.
- Offer moral and practical supports to people in detention centres.
- Offer moral support and evidence in court.
- Offer buddy support for members to sign at immigration reporting centres.
Monday: 9.30 - 17:00
Tuesday: 9.30 - 17:00
Wednesday: 9.30 - 17:00
Thursday: 9.30 - 17:00
Friday: 9.30 - 17:00